Karen D. Amos has been a family law attorney in Howard County, Maryland and the surrounding area since 1990, and is also admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of the United States.
In addition to her training certification in Collaborative Dispute Resolution and her role as a court-approved best interest attorney, Ms. Amos is well-recognized as an experienced, ethical and knowledgeable litigation attorney in the Circuit Court, the Appellate Court of Maryland, and Supreme Court of Maryland.
Educator & Author
Ms. Amos taught Media Law as an adjunct professor at Towson University for many years in addition to practicing law. She has also been a frequent presenter at seminars and bar functions since 1998, and her articles have been published in the Family Law News published by the Section Council of the Section of Family & Juvenile Law of the Maryland State Bar Association.
The Personal Stuff
When Ms. Amos is not practicing law, you can find her fostering pregnant dogs and their new puppies!
Karen's recent fosters
Appointments & Professional Affiliations
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC)
- Section of Family & Juvenile Law Maryland State Bar Association
- Family Law Section of the Howard County Bar Association (HCBA) since 1991
- Chair of HCBA Family Law Committee – 2000, 2001, 2002, 2011, 2012 and 2013
- Co-Chair of HCBA Family Law Committee – 2014- present
- Attorney Grievance Peer Review Committee from 1998 – 2008
- Mentor in the Supreme Court of Maryland
- Auxiliary member of the Coordinating Committee for the (Provisional) Maryland Chapter of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC).
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Howard County Bar Association
Maryland Super Lawyer – 2012, 2015-2023
Howard County Bar Association, Best Section Award, 2018-2019
Howard County Bar Association, Service Award, 2016
Maryland Bar Foundation Fellow